SP Travels regards the safety of our passenger the top priority at all times. We are committed to continue the increasing and significant expense involved in all safety management training & procedures including the drug & alcohol testing of all drivers, operations, fleet & workshop staff.
SP Travels are committed to sparing no cost or effort when it comes to safety. We have established and will continue to implement what we believe are the highest safety management systems to maintaining our pristine reputation. There are many factors that contribute in making us safe and reliable. These included;
Policy Instruction & Manuals
SP Travels maintain written policy instruction to help maintain our safety record. These instruction contain safety policies on safe driving, customer care, self development program, technical training, monitoring programs, fleet maintenance, fatigue and health, employment practices and more.
Accredited & Insured
The operation of SP services fall within the requirements of the Transport Regulations and Accreditation for the safe management of drivers and vehicles within each State.We are accredited in terms of the law governing passenger transport in each state and have public liability insurance for all vehicles.
Drug & Alcohol Testing
All drivers, operational, fleet, workshop & engineering staff are tested for the presence of drug and alcohol test prior to commencing employment with SP. All staff are subject to random drug & alcohol testing conducted by a third party mobile laboratory which arrives at the depots & offices unannounced.
Driver Compliance Regulations
At SP Travels Coaches, Buses & Limousines, we take the law and customers safety very seriously. We work diligently to ensure vehicles and drivers operate well within the limits prescribed by law. We also ensure that our vehicles are inspected daily before departing from the depot to ensure safe operation and meet state regulations.
Risk Assessment Policy
Operator - The operation of SP services fall within the requirements of Transport Regulations for Safety Management within all States. Have in place OH & S policies & procedures covering the care of its employees, Worker Compensation and Public Liability.
Vehicles - All vehicles operated by SP are roadworthy and meet the Government’s standards for each State As well as being subjected to daily checks, all vehicles undergo mechanical inspections by Roads & Traffic Authorities and Motor Vehicle Examiners. Vehicles are fitted with seatbelts and comply with all Government safety
Drivers employed by SP are licensed by roads and traffic authorities and are holders of authorities to drive Public Passenger Vehicles issued by State Government. Driver Authorities attest that drivers have been subjected to checks to confirm that they are of good repute and in all other respects fit and proper persons with sufficient responsibility and aptitude to drive Public Passenger Vehicles.
The following travel tips are provided for your benefit and we do believe that they would add value to your trip and make it more comfortable.
• Many people find that carrying a snap of dear ones while away from home helps to relieve pressure and loneliness.
• Take with you a brief treatise on a subject of interest – a pamphlet to aid you to visit all the planned sites.
• It's always better to reach your destination well informed. Read up information about a place you are visiting - its history, heritage, monuments and anything unique about the place. In this way even an unassuming journey would prove purposeful.
• Traveling time is often long, irksome and tedious. A very amusing thing about our way of living is our ingenious methods of filling time, known by a typical Indianism called “time-pass”. So do take your favorite books, iPods and other things that would help you in passing time.
• The wise thing that you need to do if you're heading overseas or stepping out on a travel is to take an identity card of yours stating your proofs to safeguard yourself in case of getting into trouble.
• Remember to carry with you enough of wearing for your kids as babies often require change of clothes.
• Empty water containers, first aid box, lens solution & containers for lens wearers, air pillows, blankets, sweaters, jerkins, sun screen lotions, mountain climbing shoes, swimming suits if need be, napkins for a woman traveler if the tour falls on her menstrual time are some of the indispensables for any travel.
• In the event of having ailments, do take the required pills. When you're packing, you'll want to include any medications and other medical supplies you use on a daily basis because they may be hard to find in another country if you run out.
• Jet lagged? A glass of milk is an excellent natural sedative and will help you to sleep if you are still in your "afternoon" when it's already "bed time" at your new destination. To get over your jetlag, do practise Shavasan, a yogic exercise. Lie down on the floor, on your back, with your hands at your side and close your eyes. Relax all your tensed muscles and focus on breathing deeply. Stay in this position for 5 minutes. It definitely rejuvenates you and regenerates all your energy back! Dance your way to get rid of jet lag. Move your body to the music and let your body adapt to the rhythm. A fast tempo could 'tire' you enough to go to sleep!
• “If you want to strike a chord instantaneously with the locals, nothing works better than a smile and few words in the native lingo.” A little effort to learn a few key words in the language of the place you are visiting not only boosts your linguistic skills, but also makes your journey enjoyable.
• Do carry a tiny notebook and pen when you're in a place where you don't know the local language. Write or draw whatever you're looking for - it's the best way to communicate.
• Take care of your health to keep off illness while travel. Any foods that have been boiled are generally safe, as well as fruits and vegetables that have to be peeled before eating. Avoid eating uncooked or undercooked meat or meat that is not cooked just prior to serving.
• Diarrhea can be a serious problem while traveling for some. Traveler's diarrhea, known as “turista”, often occurs when a foreign type of bacteria enters your digestive tract, usually when you eat contaminated food or water. The best way to prevent turista is to be very careful of the food you eat and the water you drink on the road.
• People with “Motion sickness” (i.e.) People who have a vomiting sensation, nausea while traveling ought to take the necessary medicaments and covers to preclude vomiting out when the bus is on the move.
• In addition to paying attention to your personal safety, you'll need to reset your thinking when it comes to traffic safety, too. The rules of the road aren't the same overseas as they are at home. In some countries, people drive on the opposite side of the road and you'll need to be aware of this before you cross the street — look in the opposite direction from the one you're used to.
• (For the disabled) If you are speech or hearing-impaired, always carry a communication symbols card. This will make it easier for you to communicate wherever you go.
• (For men) Keep your wallet in a front trouser’s inner pocket. It's difficult for a pickpocket to get it out without you knowledge.
• (For women travelers) Decking up opulently and strolling in an alien territory is a sure way to invite trouble. Wear simple and comfortable clothing that does not attract undue attention. Leave all your costly jewelry back at home. If need wear a cheap watch while you are traveling.
It's easy to let your guard down when you travel. After all, you're more relaxed and there are so many new sights to focus on. “As the traveler who has once been from home is wiser than he who has never left his own doorstep, so a knowledge of one other culture should sharpen our ability to scrutinize more steadily, to appreciate more lovingly, our own.” If you follow the above given hints you can focus on the scenery and return home with nothing more troubling than some tacky souvenirs!
SP travels has grown to become one of the largest and leading vehicle operators helping thousands of people traveling in South India. Our growth has been to ensure personalized service to every client. If you want right rates and personalized service, SP car rentals is the way to go. Courtesy, service, dependability and safe driving are the hallmarks of SP Travels. We do service our domestic and international clients at airports by providing a personalized “meet and greet" service. Book your next car / Van / Coach rental with us today! Our fleet of luxury coaches in spic & span conditions features some of the most sophisticated coaches, fully equipped with all amenities which the passengers enjoy and use. Some of the snazziest cars and vehicles in Chennai city run under the banner of SP - Air-conditioned, non air-conditioned, luxury and economy type cars, imported vehicles, mini vans, maxi cabs, large limousines and deluxe coaches where one can really relax and go places in absolute comfort. Now it is simple and easy to book bus tickets online in just a few minutes. The e-ticketing is an effective and cheap way to save your time as well as money. At SP Travels we understand the importance of your trip, whether it is business or leisure. Our expert travel professionals know what you need and offer you every possible facility or service you may require. Happy Journey!!